Tuesday, July 10, 2018

An Experiment

For now, I am going to try an interesting experiment.  Until I decide to stop, whenever I post on this blog, I will avoid the use of contractions.

Or, to put it in the words of my daughter, I will be using Data-speak.

From what I have been able to find out, contractions were not used much before the twentieth century.  It would be fascinating to go back in time to see the opinions educators gave on the use of contractions, and just how many accusations of laziness were shouted out over their use.

I could easily see my third grade teacher, Mrs. Haines, penalizing children for their use of contractions.  Mainly because she was a very hate-filled and incompetent teacher.  She was also ignorant and vainglorious, but I digress.

I will have to do another post concerning incompetent teachers, provided I feel led to write such a post.

That is all for now.

Peace be unto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment